Friday, September 17, 2021

thumbnail

The gastrointestinal surgeon treated my aunt

A few years back, my aged aunt was suffering from a peptic ulcer. All of us were clueless initially as she never shared her sufferings with us. But later on, when we found out that she was in extreme pain, we took her to our home physician, and after checking her, the doctor referred her to the best gastrointestinal surgeon in Kolkata.

gastrointestinal surgeon in Kolkata


Symptoms

My aunt has always been a self-made woman, and she never took anybody’s help. For at least a month, she kept on suffering and said nothing to us. One day I found her crying in her room. When I asked, she said that she had been suffering from burning stomach pain for more than a month. She informed me that she felt full all the time. The pain got worse at night, and she also had a vomiting tendency. At times, the pain was so intense that she could not breathe properly. She had taken over-the-counter medicines to get relief but those failed. I conveyed all that she told me to my uncle, and my uncle took her to our home physician.

Treatment

After checking my aunt thoroughly, the doctor referred her to the best gastrointestinal surgeon in Kolkata. The doctor prescribed a few tests, including endoscopy and tests for H. pylori. Antibiotics were given to her to reduce the issue, but as she had kept her peptic ulcer untreated for a long time, non-surgical treatment did not work. As a result, the surgeon operated on her and relieved her from the unbearable abdominal pain.

Conclusion

My aunt is fine now and is leading a normal life like before. I thank the best gastrointestinal surgeon in Kolkata for treating my aunt.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments